Touch is an American drama television series that ran on Fox from January 25, 2012, to May 10, 2013. The series was created by Tim Kring and starred Kiefer Sutherland. During its first season the series aired regularly on Thursday nights beginning March 22, 2012. Thirteen episodes were ordered for the first season, with the two-episode season finale airing on Thursday, May 31, 2012. On May 9, 2012, Fox renewed the show for a second season.
The second season was originally scheduled to begin Friday, October 26, 2012, but was pushed back to Friday, February 8, 2013.
Martin Bohm (Kiefer Sutherland) is a widower whose young son, Jake, is living with autism and doesn’t speak. At the end of his rope over his inability to communicate with his child, Martin discovers that Jake is indeed communicating — but with numbers instead of words. Martin must decipher the meaning in order to connect the numbers to a group of seemingly unrelated people who affect one another in ways that are both seen and unseen. Martin gets help from a discredited, aging professor who offers an unorthodox theory about Jake and his rare ability.
- Kiefer Sutherland as Martin Bohm: a former journalist turned baggage handler, whose wife died in the September 11 attacks.
- David Mazouz as Jacob “Jake” Bohm: Martin’s mute 11-year-old son, who is obsessed with numbers and can see past, present and future events through the numbers, and shows his father the numbers so that his father can help stop bad events from happening
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Clea Hopkins: a social worker who is sent to do an evaluation of the Bohms’ living situation, and helps Martin and Jake escape from New York.
- Danny Glover as Professor Arthur Teller: an expert on the gifted few who possess numerical clairvoyance.
- Maria Bello (season 2) as Lucy Robbins: the mother of Amelia, a girl who shares a gift similar to that of Jake and former client of Teller.
- Saxon Sharbino as Amelia Robbins: Lucy’s missing daughter, who is gifted like Jake. Amelia is played by Jacqueline Scislowski in one episode of season 1.
- Lukas Haas as Calvin Norburg: an Aster Corps genius whose path crosses with Martin and Jake. He is researching Amelia’s brain activity, and plans to use the data to help his brain-damaged brother, William, recover from a major accident that he caused.
- Saïd Taghmaoui as Guillermo Ortiz: a priest-turned-murderer bent on killing the 36 people with Jake’s ability, though he is one himself. When finally cornered by Martin, he kills himself rather than be captured, but not before apologizing to God (within earshot of Martin) for not finding the “nest of seven.”
There are 4 comments on Touch